Towards a sustainable Paraíso
One of our objectives is the sustainable management of the festival. We are aware of our environmental impact and we must work to progressively minimize the event’s carbon footprint. We want Paraíso to leave its mark on the audience, but not on the environment.
We encourage you to follow these simple recommendations.
Our lines of action
- We promote and produce artistic projects that invite us to reflect on our relationship with nature by using different codes and formats. Check the projects selected in the 2019 calls here.
- We design communication actions with the aim of raising awareness of the impact generated by the festival itself and how to contribute to its reduction.
- We know cotton production can have a negative impact if it isn’t properly managed, so all T-shirts available at Paraíso Shop will be made of organic cotton.
Protecting the environment
- We work in collaboration with the Technical Unit of Green Areas Maintenance at the UCM to ensure the protection and care of the natural elements that comprise the festival site. Your collaboration is also important.
- On our website and our social networks, you can find out about the different ways to reach the festival. We recommend the use of public transportation, especially the underground: the Ciudad Universitaria station is right by the entrance of the festival site.
Healthy local gastronomy
- At Paraíso you’ll be able to nourish yourself with healthy and high-quality gastronomic offerings, with vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options. In preparing these, we will maximise the use of local and seasonal products, served with biodegradable dishes, cutlery and packaging.
- In our first edition, we carried out an audit in which we analyzed the event’s energy consumption parameters, gathering data on the equipment and its use, which will allow us to improve Paraíso’s energy efficiency.
Waste minimization and reduction of plastic consumption
- At Paraíso 2019, the introduction of reusable eco-cups will significantly reduce plastic consumption and minimize waste.
- To ensure that you enjoy the facilities in the best conditions and have the peace of mind that your waste is managed properly, we have hired the services of Ephymera Sostenibilidad for the design, planning and execution of the cleaning strategy, with ecological products and selective collection.
Carbon offsetting and reforestation
- Every year, we will plant trees to offset part of the festival’s carbon footprint and contribute to the reforestation of Spain. We want to support small entities that work on these types of projects in different regions.
- In the spring of 2019, we planted the seed of the first “Paraíso Forest” with a tree plantation in Soria, in collaboration with Asociación Áreas Verdes.
HOW CAN I COLLABORATE?
- If you come from outside Madrid, the most sustainable public transport is the train.
- If you travel by car, think about carpooling.
- Once in Madrid, the best option to get to the venue is the underground.
At the festival:
- Use the appropriate waste and recycling bins for each type of waste. Avoid throwing objects on the ground.
- If you smoke, use a pocket ashtray for cigarette butts. If you don’t have one, you can get it at Paraíso Shop.